Outages & After Hours
- Laurel | (601) 425-2535
- Petal | (601) 583-1131
- Waynesboro | (601) 735-2072
- Offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Servicemen are on-call 24 hours a day to handle outages or emergencies.
Press one and you're done!
The fastest way to report an outage is to update your phone number on your account, so the next time you need to report your power out, the system will recognize your location based on the phone number. Press one and you're done!
In case of a power outage, follow these simple instructions.
- Check to see if your neighbor has power.
- Check for blown fuses or tripped breakers in your switchbox panel.
- If fuses and breakers are okay, please call Dixie Electric.
- Turn off all major electrical appliances, especially computers, heating/cooling systems, televisions and DVD players.
- Keep flashlights and a battery-operated radio in an easy-to-reach location. Check the batteries in the flashlight and radio monthly or keep new ones handy.