In case of a power outage, follow these simple instructions:
- Check to see if your neighbor has power.
- Check for blown fuses or tripped breakers in your switchbox panel.
- If fuses and breakers are okay, please call the Dixie Electric office in your area.
- Turn off all major electrical appliances, especially computers, heating/cooling systems, televisions and DVD players.
- Keep flashlights and a battery-operated radio in an easy-to-reach location. Check the batteries in the flashlight and radio monthly or keep new ones handy.
To Report an Outage After Hours: 888-465-9209
Please call the following numbers to report a power outage or other service problems:
Laurel (601) 425-2535
Petal (601) 583-1131
Waynesboro (601) 735-2072
Down Power Lines Safety
Be Aware. Everywhere.